Thursday, January 10, 2013

Cross Roads


I finished reading William Paul Young's new novel Cross Roads (he is also the author of The Shack). 
Three things I absolutely love about Young:
1) He knows how to get me emotionally invested in a story...I laughed, wept and smiled a lot while reading this book.
2) He does a masterful job of presenting a relational Trinity that is not far away, but active and involved in our lives.
3) The unique way that he pushes against our stereotypes of each person of the Trinity causes me reflection and ultimately makes me feel closer to God.

I know some don't like Young's books, some even call him a heretic. Remember, he isn't writing dogma, he is telling a beautiful story--a parable if you like.

This story presents Tony who has lived a solitary existence with success and self preservation as his goals. An accident leads him on an unexpected journey where he is given the opportunity to make choices that will allow healing for his many failures.

I loved the book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment