Monday, May 19, 2014

Dog Walk Spirituality



I just returned from taking my 3 dogs for a walk. There is a fairly secluded park I like to take them to where no one frequents so I can let them off their leash and run around. They have 3 distinctive styles of walking with me and I think it mirrors three distinctive styles of walking with God in our spiritual journey.

Milo Spirituality: Milo rarely leaves my side and if he does he makes sure I am always within sight.  He couldn't be happier than just walking slowly by my side. Some say he is boring and too safe.

Zeus Spirituality: Zeus is at his own pace, which is usually slow. He stops and smells everything and if it wasn't for my frequent reminders he would linger and linger with a risk of getting lost. He moves at his own pace. Some say that his casual approach is annoying.

Omega Spirituality: As soon as I take Omega off his leash he is off like a flash. He is in the woods, he is in the field he is back and forth all at 100 miles and hour. Sometimes I think he is lost and then he pops out of the woods 50 yards in front of me. He is investigating everything. Some say he is reckless and dangerous.

The great thing is they all enjoy their walk and I enjoy walking with them.

1 comment:

  1. Regardless of how they choose to walk, they're all walking "with" you in one manner or another. That is all that matters. You love them each as individuals, and they love you as their pack leader.

    ReplyDelete