Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Amish on Amish crime




Amish on Amish crime

The above link takes you to a news story about a splinter group of Amish people who attacked other Amish people in the community by cutting off the men's beards and women's hair.  Amish on Amish crime is quite rare the story says.  Its not like that in the rest of Christianity.  I have been hurt more by those who claim to be Christian than those who do not--as matter of fact I can't recall the last time I was hurt by someone other than a Christian.  I haven't been physically attacked, I haven't even had anyone threaten to cut my beard off, but I've been hurt nonetheless.  I've been called judgmental, I've been called a heretic, I've been called the anti-Christ, I've been snubbed, I've been forgotten about--all by people who claim to be my Christian brothers and sisters.

It is no wonder Bono says: "I'm not often so comfortable in church.  It feels pious and so unlike Christ that I read about in the Scriptures."  It is no wonder Mahatma Gandhi said: "I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."  Yet, the church is the bride of Christ and the church is made up of Christians so what gives?  The solution is simple--love everyone.
Love your enemy.
Love your neighbor.
Love yourself.
Love the person who sits on the other side of the church.
Love the person who disagrees with something you're passionate about.
Love the person who thinks differently than you.
Love the person who has different skin color.
Love the person who makes more or less money than you.
Love the person who seems to be nothing more than a drain on the economy.
Love the person who has a different sexual orientation than you.
Love the person who has shown you nothing but hatred and anger.
Love (I'll just let you finish the list by adding that person or group that you are struggling to love)

No comments:

Post a Comment