Monday, October 3, 2011

Beards


I've been growing my beard for a couple of months now and the other day I seriously considered shaving it off.  However, I thought, I've been growing this for 2-3 months and in less than 5 minutes I can remove it--eh, I'll leave it.  I told this to a friend and he responded "that is just like salvation".  I was taken aback and politely asked him to come again.  He said we can be a Christian for months, years and make one dumb decision and throw away our salvation.  "Really" I said to him.  "Really" I'm saying to you.  Is that orthodox thinking?  I smiled and disagreed but walked away wondering how many people believe that way.  Can you serve Jesus for months, even years and throw it all away by making one poor decision?  I know that happens with humans (yes, I'm speaking from experience!), but I don't think that is the way God thinks.

1 comment:

  1. I think the only way that could even remotely be a possibility would be if that mistake / decision was denouncing our Savior. BtW, beard looks good man!

    ReplyDelete