Thursday, October 25, 2012

Leg Day



Today was leg day in the gym, otherwise known as time spent in the squat rack. However, over the last week my left knee has given out on several occasions--no pain, no warning--my leg simply buckles. To say I thought about that this morning as I stepped in the squat rack would be an understatement. I looked at the bar, loaded with 10 45# plates (495# altogether) and sighed. My gym doesn't have a monolift so I have to lift up the bar and take a few steps backwards to clear the supports. That meant for a brief second my left leg would be supporting my 240 pounds plus the 495 pounds on my back all by itself while I stepped back with my right foot. I took a deep breath and then a leap of faith as I stepped back. My knee held!

Jesus requires us to take a step of faith--and often. Those who don't remain stagnated in their spirituality. Those who do take that step of faith, often out of their comfort zones, find that awesome things happen, not only in their lives, but in the lives of others. Is Jesus worth leaving your comfort zone and taking a step of faith for?   

2 comments: