Monday, September 19, 2011

Thank God!



Floyd Mayweather defeated challenger Victor Ortiz the other night in a very controversial boxing match.  In a post fight interview the first thing he did was praise God.  I guess I'm ok with that...I do admit to getting the shakes a bit when athletes start praising God for their victories (does it mean the losers should curse God or even worse maybe God doesn't like the losers!?).  However, just a few moments later he flies off the handle and acts like someone who isn't very thankful at all.

It made me wonder how many times do I praise God or acknowledge God and then act in a way that is contrary to being a lover of God.  Isn't that the essence of the commandment to not take the Lord's name in vain--to say you follow the Lord and act in a very different manner?  Instead of throwing a stone at Floyd Mayweather (or wishing I was 50 years younger so I could fight him) maybe I need to do a better job of acting like a follower of Christ and someone who truly loves unconditionally.  

No comments:

Post a Comment