Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Forgiveness of Zeus



The other night two of my dogs got into quite a row over a bone.  Omega, the little one, was sure that Zeus, the bigger one, wanted to steal his bone.  When Zeus wandered too close Omega unleashed a fury of gnashing of teeth that went on for about oh, 7 seconds.  I was able to separate them and take the bone away from Omega.  The funny thing is I don't think Zeus even wanted the bone, he just happened to be walking by and Omega's selfishness got the best of him.

A few minutes after this little battle Zeus was licking Omega and they acted as if nothing ever happened.  I'm no dog psychologist, I don't know if dogs even have the capability of carrying a grudge, but I was amazed that Zeus seemed to forgive and love on his homicidal manic companion (token Calvin and Hobbes reference).  I thought what a wonderful world we would live in if we treated those who wronged us the way Zeus treated Omega after this incident--ok we don't need to lick one another, but you know what I mean.  This Advent season we might be able to give a great gift to someone by giving them the grudge we have been carrying around.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome truth TC! Gotta love it when nature in all its complexity & simplicity shows us something so clearly!

    ReplyDelete