Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Influenced Theology



I've been thinking about my last post and why I have changed in my thinking--what were some of the catalyst that caused me to unroot my tap root type thinking, examine it and replant it with a fibrous root type thinking.  Was it my son being blown up in Iraq?  Was it studying for an M-Div and D-Min degree?  Was it simply getting older and more mature?  Yes to those and a host of others.  Our life shapes our theology and sometimes specific events play major roles in the outcome of our thinking.

This has me wondering what shaped Jesus' theology?  Lords of Light!  Jesus' theology was shaped by the Father and cast in iron unmovable and unchangeable!  If you believe that just go ahead and stop reading because I don't want to offend you...

...still here, ok.  Jesus was 100% divine, but Jesus was also 100% human and therefore shaped by the world he lived in.  My thought for the day is how was the teen-age Jesus shaped by the announcement that Tiberius was the new Emperor...the new king.  What thoughts went through the mind of young Jesus as people rejoiced and lamented the news of a new emperor and how did that thinking later shape the way Jesus spoke of the Kingdom in the Gospels?

No comments:

Post a Comment