Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A fork in the road



Yogi Berra is credited with saying "when you come to a fork in the road, take it." We experience a lot of "forks in the road" in our lives. I have friends who I think, when I'm weak and judgmental, always choose the difficult path. I face palm and silently cry out "really!" I saw a Facebook picture the other day that said something along the lines of: When you suggest that I always take the difficult path you assume that I see a choice.

This really made me think! I mean, really, how many of us go out of the way to make our lives more difficult? If we thought there was a better way wouldn't we, by all laws of nature, choose it. Instead of pointing fingers, gossiping, face palming, and calling people names shouldn't we reach out with love and help them realize that there are other paths?

Is there someone in your life who you think is making poor choices? What are you doing to help them see that there is a choice and not just a straight, uphill path?

2 comments:

  1. You make me want to be a better person, Terry Clees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That comment means a lot to me Brooke!

    ReplyDelete