Saturday, July 21, 2012

Retreat



As a pastor, if I could make those in my congregation do one thing, it wouldn't be read the Bible. It wouldn't be attend Sunday school. It wouldn't be give more money or time. If I could make them do one thing it would be to take a guided retreat. A guided retreat brings the individual into the divine presence in a extraordinary way--it forces a person to acknowledge God in their life and reflect upon it. Sadly, most pastors don't even go on directed retreats. They may claim to, but what they call a retreat more closely resembles a business meeting or a "Christian" vacation. Many will claim to be too busy for such an event--I claim hogwash! We're not too busy, we just choose not to make it a priority. Perhaps we may even be frightened by what may come to the surface during such a time. Perhaps we just don't know how to go about it. And for that reason I've provided 2 links to my favorite retreat centers to help us discover what I believe is the most transformational thing we can do.

sustainable faith

weber retreat center

No comments:

Post a Comment