Monday, September 24, 2012

Black and White (yellow)



I've spent the morning painting the teen room. The teen's came up with the color combination to symbolize good and evil, light and darkness, and right and wrong (in no way shape or form am I a Pittsburgh Steelers fan!). As I was painting I had things taped off and I envisioned these nice tight lines between the black and yellow. However, as I proceeded I was reminded that life isn't about black and white--religion isn't about black and white--it's messy--sometimes the lines are blurred. What appears bad isn't always bad and what seems good isn't always for the best. So I decided to forgo my nice tight, even lines and if there is some blurring of the lines I think that represents life. I wish it was as easy--cut and dry--as black and white, but life and theology is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment