Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Throw Down at McDs



I walked into McDonald's this morning after dropping Richard off at school. The line was about three deep--not too bad by any means. However, a few people came in after me so they opened another register. One of the people at the end of the line walked right by us towards the newly opened register. I said: "Excuse me, but you're just going to walk in front of all of us who have been waiting." He stopped, looked at me and replied, "Don't get all big and bad." I looked him over and I know I was judgmental, but all I could think of was this guy is a lifetime bully, I bet his name is Moe. I replied, "I'm not getting big and bad, but we have been waiting." He muttered a few words under his breath and for a moment I was pretty sure he was going to punch me right there in McDonald's. Thankfully he just scowled and and shuffled back in line behind me. He continued to glare at me as I ordered my food and carried it to my seat. I almost expected him to be waiting for me in the parking lot!

What causes someone to be so angry? Was he late for work? Was he suffering through a bad relationship? What? Then the Spirit spoke to me and reminded me that I act the same way at times. Oh, maybe not in McDonald's, but I've gotten angry in their ridiculous drive through lanes. I've also said some unkind things under my breath (ok, out loud) as I waited to turn left into Madison Schools to drop Richard off in the morning. Someone has probably said of me, "What is that guy's problem, why does he look so angry?"

Lord, help me to be loving in all situations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment