Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Death

I've lost two people in my life this past week that I didn't take nearly enough time to get to know better: Tom "Killer" Kowalski and Walt Hill.  Both passed away still young men in their fifties.  



Tom was the beat writer for the Lions ever since I can remember.  As a youngster I always looked forward to reading what he had to say about my favorite sports team.  Later on in life I had the privilege to meet Tom in passing at several Lion's practices, a few radio shows and a few charity events.  He always took the time to talk to me and didn't mind telling me I was crazy when I came up with some crazy trade idea or asked why they weren't playing so-and-so more often.  He was the face of the Lions in the media and will be missed.  Lions win it for Killer!



Walt was a pillar in the community where I currently reside: Madison, MI.  He touched the lives of many young men and women in this little community with his care and compassion.  He was on the school board, golf associations, and was easily Madison School Athletics' biggest fan.  He made me feel blessed whenever I talked with him and no matter how busy he was he took time out to listen--not just hear--but listen to what I had to say.  He was the face of Madison Trojans athletics in the community and will be missed.  Trojans win it for Walt!

I regret that I did not get to know both of them better for they were both wonderful men in their respected communities.      

No comments:

Post a Comment