Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Are You Ready For Some Football!



It's my favorite season--football season. I love watching my kid's team play, I love watching the majestic winged helmeted warriors play, and I love watching the gridiron gladiators who don the honolulu blue and silver. I also love playing Madden or NCAA on the PS3 as well as agonizing over my fantasy football team. I even love getting outside and playing backyard football!

Sadly, football sometimes interferes with my devotional life. It is great to have passions, but those passions should not interfere with our relationship with God and others. This year I want to be extra careful that it doesn't happen. I don't want a Trojans, Wolverines, or Lions loss to affect my mood in a way that affects how I treat others. I don't want all the time spent watching and playing football to get in the way of my devotional time. My relationship with God (which directly correlates with my relationship with others) must come first.

With that said Go Madison Trojans, Michigan Wolverines and Detroit Lions! 


No comments:

Post a Comment