Thursday, August 23, 2012

Oversaved



The video is ten times better than this blog, so if you haven't watched it do so...don't worry it is safe for work.

When I became a pastor I was worried people wouldn't want to talk to me. Why? I had an uncle that was a preacher and people avoided him like the plague. He was a good man, but when he walked up people scattered. Why? If you watched the video he was what you might call "over-saved". I never wanted to be that way. Now some people probably think I am "under-saved". I actually had a person in a class for my Master's of Divinity try to get me saved (true story!). I'm sure some of my peers and colleagues question my salvation or at least my calling. Is it any wonder that Billy Sunday was one of my favorite preachers!

People may question what I talk about or some of the language I use or some of the places I hang out, but I hope they never question my love for God and my love for people. I struggle loving people at times, hell, truth be told I struggle loving God at times. But I'm always going to make the best effort I can. I realize love takes work and love is an action and love is a decision. Jesus loved everyone his culture told him he didn't have to love--I want to be like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment